Good Vibes Only: All About Insertable Vibrators
Posted by Carolyn Eagle on
Insertable vibrators are like the little black dress of the vibrator world. Simple, versatile, and sexy. By definition, these are vibrators that are meant to be inserted into the vagina but in reality, they are fantastic beginner vibes for just about any purpose.
It wasn't that long ago that insertable vibrators came in one shape. Long, relatively slim, and with a curved tip. You could find them sold as "personal massagers," targeted at women to release shoulder tension and headaches.
That classic shape is still with us today and for good reason. The simple turn dial on the bottom means no fumbling with complicated buttons, the shape is fantastic for internal vibration as well as external stimulation to the clitoris and the plastic material transmits vibration powerfully and effectively.
Of course, there is now a huge array of insertable vibrators available for your pleasure, so let's take a look at what is out there and what may be the perfect insertable vibrator for you.
** Side note: We are going to focus on one armed vibrators in this rundown. In other words, no rabbit this time around!
WHAT IS AN INSERTABLE VIBRATOR
- A vibrator designed to be inserted in the vagina of the user.
- They are often not suitable for anal use because they do not have a flared base or stopper you need to prevent anal over-insertion
- They are generally about 4 inches in length or more to make for a satisfying internal feeling
- They come in many different shapes and colours and materials
- You can get rechargeable or battery operated
- A longer "one branch" vibrator ie. not a rabbit or dual stimulator
- They often, but not always, have a curve for amazing g-spot stimulation
THE CLASSIC INSERTABLE VIBRATOR
As shown above, this shape has been around for decades. Their slim shape makes them fantastic for beginners or anybody who does not like a fuller feeling. They can also be incredibly budget friendly, particularly if you opt for a battery operated, turn dial model like this Doc Johnson Velvet Touch Vibrator (pictured above).
G-SPOT INSERTABLE VIBRATORS
The biggest difference with g-spot vibrators is their shape. When exploring internally, the g-spot can be found about an inch inside the vagina on the front wall, so it is best stimulated when you crook your fingers in a beckoning motion. That is why g-spot vibrators have that distinctive curve either in the entire arm or towards the tip, so that when you insert it, you will automatically have a vibrator that is aiming for this intense pleasure point.
REALISTIC INSERTABLE VIBRATORS
Realistic insertable vibrators can also be called vibrating dildos because they have the shape and look of a penis. These are fantastic for anybody who wants something softer for insertion because they are often covered in soft silicone or other materials over a firm core where the motor resides. They can also have a suction cup which lends itself to creative fun.
WHO SHOULD USE INSERTABLE VIBRATORS?
- Anybody who does not like clitoral stimulation or finds it too sensitive for vibration
- Beginners looking for something simple and affordable
- Couples who want to explore foreplay with vibration
- Anybody curious about internal vaginal stimulation
- G-spot seekers looking to explore
OTHER AMAZING USES FOR INSERTABLE VIBRATORS
- Stimulating the clitoris
- Stroking the skin, nipples, perineum, testicles, or other sensitive areas
- Acting as a long handled bullet for anybody with mobility and reach issues.
- To soothe headaches by placing on the temples of back of the neck
There are some great budget friendly choices for insertable vibrators that are ideal for the exploratory beginner or you can go for a rechargeable power house guaranteed to make your toes curl. Either way, Naughty North has something for you and if you ever need help choosing, you can email our experienced staff at firstname.lastname@example.org
Share this post
- 0 comment
- Tags: Buying Guide, Education